Question: What are the main differences between a man and woman’s umrah?
Bismi Llahir Rahmanir Rahim
Assalamu alaykum wa rahmatuLlahi wa barakatuhu
A woman is like a man in all the acts of umrah, except:
- She wears sewn clothing (e.g. abayas, socks, underwear, hijab, etc)
- She doesn’t expose her head (because she wears hijab)
- She doesn’t raise her voice when pronouncing the talbiya
- She doesn’t try to kiss the Black Stone or Yemeni Corner if men are surrounding it
- She doesn’t swing her shoulders during the tawaf (raml) or expose her right shoulder (idtiba’)
- She doesn’t run between the green lines but walks normally for the entire sa’y
- She doesn’t shave her hair but cuts it
- She doesn’t perform the umrah tawaf if she is in a state of menstruation/post-natal bleeding until her menstruation/lochia finishes and she takes a ghusl
Check out our FREE Umrah course for more details about the rulings related to umrah, as well as practical advice.
Read our Step-By-Step Umrah Guide.
Jazak Allah khayran
ارشاد الشاري إلى مناسك الملا علي القاري
© Muslima Coaching, All Rights Reserved.