Breakthrough bleeding can either take the ruling of menstruation (hayd) or abnormal vaginal bleeding (istihada). It depends on when it is seen during your cycle, regardless of whether you are taking medication or not.
If you experience breakthrough bleeding, then please contact a local scholar. If you are unable to find someone who can help you, then you can contact us and we will try to help you inshaAllah.
Please be aware that we usually cannot help women who:
- Do not know their menstrual and tuhr habits
- Do not know or cannot reasonably estimate their dates of bleeding for the two months prior to their onset of bleeding
- Do not contact us via email (we do not use WhatsApp for menstruation problems)
- Need an urgent answer within 72 hours
- Want to use modern-day fatwas that go against the principles of the four madhahib